Deadline: Monday, May 16, 2016
The Color Conference
December 3–6, 2016
Printing Industries of America seeks presenters for the 2016 Color Conference (www.printing.org/color), December 3-6, 2016, at the Pointe Hilton Squaw Peak Resort, Phoenix, Arizona. Since its founding in 1998, the Color Conference is the premier event for professionals involved in creating and managing consistent color for brands across all media but with special emphasis on print.
The Color Conference program content focuses on solving color-related issues for brands. Color consistency, communication, and accuracy should be a main focus—from creation to production to market—getting it done accurately while controlling the brand across various media, including print, video and web. Our main audience has historically been print-focused and that continues to be the media of greatest interest to this audience, although proposals for sessions that deal with with controlling color in other media are welcome. Managing the color and branding message in consumer packaging is a major topic of interest and we particularly seek speakers with expertise in this area.
We seek topics for all skill levels from beginner to expert. Please indicate the skill level of your expected audience member in your proposal. Broad topics we’re interested in include:
- Design/creative challenges building consistent branding across multiple media
- Color-centric topics of interest to brand managers especially in the area of packaging
- How-to sessions around software and tools design and production professionals use
- Case studies and stories around color managing inkjet print production (wide format and high speed production inkjet)
The audience expects tangible takeaways that they can implement or utilize immediately.
- Success stories
- Applications for unique solutions to challenging problems
- Applications in new industries and advanced applications
- Approaches, techniques, and lessons learned from your own experience
- Applications and research that incorporate new techniques or enhancements.
Please note that we do not permit presentations containing sales pitches, advertising, and/or infomercials. If you wish to promote/exhibit your product and service at this conference, please contact Mike Packard, Sponsorship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Color Management Advisory Committee will review, evaluate, and score each application on the basis of expertise, overall quality, interest to the audience, relevance to the conference, originality and depth of the work, value of contribution, and commitment to in-person presentation at the conference.
- Exposure to an international audience
- Publicity via publications, social media, and all conference related promotional material
- Continued visibility through post-conference offerings
- Complimentary registration to the full conference
We look forward to receiving your proposal. All proposals must be submitted here no later than Monday, May 16, 2016.
If you have questions, please contact Julie Shaffer at (412) 259-1730 or via email at jshaffer( @ )printing.org
Sunday December 4
Monday December 5
Tuesday December 6